Monday, February 20, 2012

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally


Catching Jordan

Published: December 1, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Format: Ebook
Page Count: 252

Synopsis: 
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.



Review: Let me just start off by saying that this book is not your average romance. I loved the idea that a high school girl could play football and better, be the quarterback. It just shows that because football is a male dominant sport, girls can play too. I loved the characters like Jordan, JJ, Carter, and OMG HENRY!
I felt that Miranda did a great job with them and I felt that I was there with them rather them reading about them which I find kinda rare in contemporary these days. The only thing that really brought this down on my rating scale was that when they were at the football games, they talked about some moves and me not being a football fan, didn't quite understand them so I was a bit confused at points I felt I shouldn't have been left out of.
      I felt that Catching Jordan was a phanominal debut and I can't wait to read Miranda's next novel, Stealing Parker, which is about baseball. I actually like baseball! I can't wait to be sucked into another person's life.

                                                           4/5
*This counted in my Completely Contemp Challenge hosted by Chick Loves Lit and my Ebook Challenge*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments on my posts! I will usually ''reply'' to you by visiting your blog or replying to your comment!