Thursday, May 3, 2012

Review: Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley
Publication Date: August 6, 2009
Publisher: Razorbill
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Pages: 321
Sometimes a good-bye is just the beginning. When Emily Carsons parents die in a plane crash, she's left with nothing but her mother's last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: Emily, please forgive me. Now it's fall and Emily moves to New York City, where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.
My Review: 
                                       


Because I loved this book so much, I made a quick video just telling you the info like when it was published and to go get it! Now, like stop reading this and go get this novel!
   First, the characters. Emily is our main protagonist. After she lears about her parents death and finds out about the message, she is constantly wondering what her mom was asking her to forgive her for. She was a great girl and I loved her the whole time. I thought she was a lot more real? than a lot of the 16 year old females in novels these days. She was a great person and honestly, I mean I know she is the main character and all but she was what kept me going because of her personality.
   Next, the plot. We follow Emily Carson. Emily is having a party at her house after her parents leave on a flight across the country. When Emily's aunt Jolie comes in and tell her what happened. Emily then is basically a couch potato for two months and does nothing but sit on the couch or her bed all day long. After Emily moves to New York City with Jolie, she start's wondering about the apology. When she meets Owen and Anthony, everything reminds her of her mom. We follow her through all of her crazy, reasonable, sometime weird decisions.
   Overall this was a breathtaking read. I felt like this book was 20 pages long I raced through it so fast. Definitely pick this up. If it sounds depressing, it's not, at all. 
                                                                            5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I get comments on my posts! I will usually ''reply'' to you by visiting your blog or replying to your comment!